Internode Nodemap - Network Status Visualization
RELEASE NOTES: 1.1 Release
Changes from the previous version:
- A regex-parsing bug in parser.pm has been fixed (thanks Craig Small for
- Support for user-specified line thickness and "shaded" links has been
added (thanks to William Shipway for the ideas)
- SNMP communities can now be specified in nodemap.cf.
- update_stats and update_pktloss have been completely
replaced with a new scheduler
- Complete rewrite of the "Expect" routine which scripts ssh/rsh sessions
to make it more robust and fix a bug which made it occasionally
chew up all the VTYs on a router (!)
snmp_community keywords in
enpoint block definitions
- Various minor bugfixes and documentation changes.
- Platforms include FreeBSD 4.x, FreeBSD 5.x, MacOS 10.3.5 and Solaris 10.
- Tested with gd-2.0.28 (compiled against zlib-1.2.1, jpeg-6b, libpng-1.2.5), along with CPAN's GD-2.16 and Expect-1.15 modules.
As a result of those changes, the old update_stats and update_pktloss programs are deprecated, and will eventually disappear from the distribution and the documentation. Their functionality has been replaced by the new scheduler program. As an additional side effect, etc/pktloss.cfg is no longer used by update_pktloss, and the code which generates it can be expected to eventually disappear from the distribution too.
The new software can be downloaded here: code, documentation, installation instructions
Prerequisites come from:
IO::Tty-1.02: search.cpan.org/~rgiersig/IO-Tty-1.02 (required for Expect-1.15)
Note that installation has been substantially simplified by the fact that
the authors of GD now once again support the GIF file format which
nodemap has been using (they removed GIF support a while ago due to
patent concerns, but the patents have now expired).